Thursday, September 14, 2006

the doosra: pre requisite - Cricket 101

So I again succumbed to buying another series of series - the tri-series plus the ICC Champions trophy package. And the beginning was solid - both for me and Sachin - as I enjoyed the return of the 'ye olde' Tendulkar. Shaky at first, lucky at 5, well-paced in the middle and brilliant at the end was how I'd describe his return to cricket and form. Unfortunately, Kuala Lumpur-ian pouring and some rules by two chaps called Duckworth and Lewis made sure that India didn't win.

But in the midst of the potpourri of commentators like Manjrekar, L Shivaramkrishnan, Arun lal, Tony Greig, Ian Bishop and Danny Morrison, the rains forced the channel to bring in a new face, one that of (not-so-much) glamour, one that of a woman whose name I do not know. And then in the middle of the conversation she asks Tony Greig that she isn't a cricket buff and all and would like to know about a term he consistently uses during the commentary, the term called 'sweet spot'.

"You are breaking my balls, woman, you're breaking my balls".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home