Monday, February 06, 2006

" ... 'Do I feel lucky?' - punk!"

So here I'm in Virginia with Pennsylvania license plates. Seems like while emissions and safety inspections are still valid, my registration has expired. That puts me in ticket-able status, if caught. Now to register in Va, I need the title of the vehicle, which obviously would go missing at the helm of all the excitement. Without it I can't register my vehicle in Va. But before that I need to have valid Va emissions and safety. Now since my car is not in registered status I can't take it out to get emissions done.

Workaround - renew my registration in Pa. But what do you know! The Pa DMV website is down. Wait, it keeps getting better. All my friends who are not in Va are able to access it. For some sinister reason, I can't. But of course they have phone numbers. It seems they have one toll free number, which by the way can not be used to call from outside Pa. And it took some time to figure that one out. So I toil to find the other number - the one which can be used from outside Pa. After several engange tones I finally connect and crawl through the automated menu and finally reach an option to talk to someone. Interestingly, it hungs up on me.

So now I need a duplicate title. Need to fill out a form, which I asked Sid to mail it to me after I made him surf through the Pa DMV website since it is out of bounds for me. I find that apart from all the info it requires, it needs to be notarized and has to be mailed. Can't fax it. Once it reaches them in a few days, they will take 5-7 days to process and another week to sent it back. BUT!!! They can't sent it to my Va address. It has to go to the Pa address. Over and above that, my car insurance is expiring next week.

Not to mention, I'm going to India in 3 weeks and need to sub-lease my apartment or suffer overhead, go the health club and argue with them not to charge me for my absence or get refund. Well, it's just a beginning.

It feels like Dirty Harry is standing on top of my lungs and whispering "The question you've to ask yourself is -'Do I feel lucky?'- punk!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home